[TYPO3-english] Sphinx, ReStructuredText, Localization and TYPO3

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri May 17 12:38:19 CEST 2013

Hi Kay,

Thanks for being the only one daring to answer ;-)

> 1. rest viewer in TYPO3 backend (for extensions, and eventually in the fe)

Yes, that will be needed. There's already extension "restdoc" by Xavier
which makes this possible in the FE. It wouldn't work the same, but it's
definitely a source of inspiration.

> 2. rest support for the syntax highlighter in TYPO3

It's supported by CodeMirror (see
http://codemirror.net/mode/rst/index.html), so it should not be an issue.

> 3. Dokumentation on how to use it

Yes, that is definitely missing for now. There are bits and pieces, but
the overview is lacking.

> 4. For the intermediate time a rest ->  sxw converter, so that uploaded
> extensions get their sxw's on demand (even for older installations).

We really don't want to go that way. We would rather focus our (very
few) resources on finishing the whole process and enabling ReST to be
used everywhere flawlessly.

http://docs.typo3.org/getthedocs/

> 6. VERY Important. - rst support in TER :D

Absolutely. We discussed this again yesterday evening in the Doc Team
meeting. It should be possible to provide a very simple endpoint that
the TER could query to know about existence of a manual or not. We have
to check with the TER/typo3.org team about what they would like to have.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter