[TYPO3-english] %20 in links for the contact form

Fabian Bode fabian at bodemedia.de
Fri May 17 10:53:13 CEST 2013

Dear TYPO3 community,
Unfortunately I have troubles to link to the default contact form in Typo3 4.7. There are contact persons defined on static pages which link to the contact form. If someone clicks on the link with the contact person, the contact form opens where the field "contact person" has been preset.

The problem is, that all spaces/gaps between names where displayed as %20. So let me give you some example:
The following link has been defined in the HTML page editor:
kontakt?tx_form[contactperson]=John Doe

On the frontpage, the link gets following scheme:
kontakt?tx_form[contactperson]=John%20Doe

So if someone clicks the link and enters the contact form, the space between John and Doe get replaced as %20 in the form input field. Do you have any solution to prevent converting the spaces in Names? I Guess, all special characters and umlauts where replaced to web hex codes as well.
Is there are way to solve this with .htaccess, or do I need something TS?

Thanks a lot!