[TYPO3-english] tt_news and TYPO3 6.1

Pero Peric pperic at mail.com
Thu May 16 16:24:22 CEST 2013

On 16.5.2013. 15:05, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 16-5-2013 13:24, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>> Dmitry is right, there is now EXT:news and its codebase is much
>> better-suited for future development. I would suggest to step back and
>> think why you use tt_news. Is it for its core feature set (publishing
>> news)? Then switch to EXT:news and enjoy!
>
> Extra bonus: EXT:news comes with a wizard to convert tt_news articles to
> EXT:news articles.

Guys.. You are all more or less TYPO3, PHP gurus and it's not very big
problem for you to make things work, but as you can see in a new thread
i have problems with simple things like markers. I spend a lot of time
on such things... searching info on google, in TSref, here on list and
then bosses ask me what do you do, why new site is not finished.

Dealing news. I have a request for a news slider on a homepage. I found
some extension called t3s_jslidernews and it looks good. Does this work
with EXT:news? If not is there any ext. that works and that meets my
requirements like t3s_jslidernews does? This is just an example.

Regards.