[TYPO3-english] UTF-8

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu May 16 15:02:08 CEST 2013

Hi,

Nice; I wrote that :-)

> and receive:
>
> backend_layout: ..... OK
> be_groups: ................. OK
> be_sessions: .... OK
> be_users: ................ OK
> cache_extensions: ........... OK
> cache_hash: Could not get table data!: Table 'database.cache_hash'
> doesn't exist SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `cache_hash`;

That worries me a bit. MySQL told the script that there is a table
'cache_hash', but as soon as it tries to find out which columns exist in
the table MySQL reports that the table doesn't exist.
Maybe it's a good thing to use a tool like PhpMyAdmin/Adminer or the
command line to analyze and if necessary repair the tables first.

To speed up the conversion you could empty (truncate) the cache_* tables.

> Excuse me, I can not find
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['forceCharset'] = 'utf-8';
>
> In what "area" is it?

That's an option in the Install Tool > All configuration .

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!