[TYPO3-english] Sphinx, ReStructuredText, Localization and TYPO3

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Thu May 16 14:34:53 CEST 2013

Hi Xavier,

nice things would be to have things like:

1. rest viewer in TYPO3 backend (for extensions, and eventually in the fe)
2. rest support for the syntax highlighter in TYPO3
3. Dokumentation on how to use it
4. For the intermediate time a rest -> sxw converter, so that uploaded
extensions get their sxw's on demand (even for older installations).
5. Either online service or any nice documented way to transfer sxw into rst
6. VERY Important. - rst support in TER :D

Thanks for all your efforts
Kay

Am 16.05.13 13:54, schrieb Xavier Perseguers:
> Hi,
>
> Tomorrow I'll be discussing and working with Francois Suter and
> Dominique Feyer on mainly two semi-related themes:
>
> - Documentation using Sphinx and ReStructuredText, what's next?
> - Possible enhanced localization with TYPO3 6.2 and maintenance of
> Pootle translation server
>
> If you feel like you want to know how to work with the new documentation
> format, I suggest you have a look at EXT:sphinx [1] and report problems
> (if any) in bug tracker in order for me to fix it ASAP (even if it
> should work OFTB of course)
>
> More targeting developers: If you have ideas of what you wish should be
> possible with TYPO3 when it comes to localization, please share your
> thought here.
>
> Kind regards
>
> [1] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/sphinx

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach