[TYPO3-english] UTF-8

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Thu May 16 13:11:04 CEST 2013

Hi Wieslaw,

i always use sth. similar to :

http://ronaldbradford.com/blog/migrating-mysql-latin1-to-utf8-the-process-2010-03-06/

> $ mysqldump -uroot -p --default-character-set=latin1 --skip-set-charset conv > conv.sql
> $ sed -i -e "s/latin1/utf8/g" conv.sql
> $ mysql -uroot -p --default-character-set=utf8 conv < conv.sql

This way you can export -> backup -> modify -> import a database easily :D

Additionally everything is working very smooth an fast with this
solution as field definitions get fixed as well, without touching the
lines in single operations, but with a single operation :D

Regards
Kay

Am 16.05.13 12:29, schrieb Wiesław Golsz:
> I tried migrate to UTF-8 according to:
> http://wiki.typo3.org/UTF-8_support#Convert_an_already_existing_database_to_UTF-8
>
> 1. I did update DB using Install Tool and possibly removed the
> "unnecessary" table.
>
> 2. I used: http://domain.com/fileadmin/db_utf8_fix.php
>
> and receive:
>
> backend_layout: ..... OK
> be_groups: ................. OK
> be_sessions: .... OK
> be_users: ................ OK
> cache_extensions: ........... OK
> cache_hash: Could not get table data!: Table 'database.cache_hash'
> doesn't exist SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `cache_hash`;
>

> 3. I tried to use Install Tool to create removed tables, but no result.
>
> You can still see: "Kląłeś właśnie – super. Dzę". What we can to do?
>
> Excuse me, I can not find
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['forceCharset'] = 'utf-8';
>
> In what "area" is it?
>
> Regards, Wieslaw

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach