[TYPO3-english] steps for upgrading the database in 6.1

Thomas Boehm t_boehm at expires-2013-05-31.arcornews.de
Tue May 14 13:48:52 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I'm about to upgrade from 6.0.4 to 6.1 and struggle with these instructions

> http://wiki.typo3.org/Upgrade#Upgrading_the_database_after_installing_a_new_version

- Click "Update required tables"

There is no such thing under "Database Analyzer" in my installation.
Maybe there is nothing to update. Ok, then it's fine...

- Click "COMPARE" and "IMPORT" and apply the proposed changes.

I guess it means I need to apply the changes after clicking "COMPARE"
and after clicking "IMPORT". But what are the "proposed changes"? Are
these the preselected check boxes or do I need to select everything
manually there? Under IMPORT is "Import the whole file 'CURRENT_STATIC'
directly (ignores selections above)" the same as selecting everything above?

Maybe the wiki could be extended slightly to make these points clearer.

Thanks
Thomas