[TYPO3-english] em_mirrorListURL Option is not considered

Sacha Vorbeck vorbeck at TYPO3Tutor.de
Tue May 14 10:43:45 CEST 2013

Hello,

 > On 13-5-2013 18:37, Kay Strobach wrote:>> as far as i know, other
mirrors than TYPO3.org are not supported in
 >> TYPO3 >= 6.0

 > Correct. The repository configuration is now stored in the table
 > tx_extensionmanager_domain_model_repository and
 > module.tx_extensionmanager.settings.repositoryUid defines the repository
 > that needs to be used.

thanks, I wasn`t sure about the wdsl_url so I simply changed the
mirror_list_url of the existing record to
http://okeanos.zadi.de/data/mirrors.xml.gz and now it works. Our
security department will not open the firewall for every TYPO3 mirror.
Only typo3.org is allowed so I have to use my own mirros.xml file with
only one entry.

 > The foundation is there to support multiple repositories, but currently
 > there is only support for one.

a search for string "em_mirrorListURL" reveals:

TYPO3 6.0.5: ./t3lib/stddb/DefaultConfiguration.php
TYPO3 6.1.0: ./typo3/sysext/core/Configuration/DefaultConfiguration.php

so the old configuration options are still there but they are not used
anywhere in the code.

 > I never tried it, but I guess you could adjust the configuration to have
 > a different mirror file.

Yes I can adjust the configuration but to do so I have to:
1. add a new record to the tx_extensionmanager_domain_model_repository
table in _every_ database
2. add a new TypoScript setup setting:
module.tx_extensionmanager.settings.repositoryUid = 2 to _every_ TYPO3
portal

I don`t think that this is a good idea. All other system configuration
options are handled via the LocalConfiguration.php /
AdditionalConfiguration.php files that allow us to configure a large
amount of TYPO3 sites with just a _single_ file.

IMHO the ext-repository mirror URL is something that usually is defined
globally and not differently for every single site. That`s why I would
suggest that something like em_mirrorListURL should be activated again
and if set overrides the local
module.tx_extensionmanager.settings.repositoryUid option.

--
all the best,
Sacha