[TYPO3-english] can't modify locallang.xlf from backend

Michael Bakonyi kontakt at mb-neuemedien.de
Mon May 13 10:45:34 CEST 2013

Am 12.05.13 12:24, schrieb Matyi Gábor:
> I'd like to modify some localization in the backend area, but I can't edit
> the file locallang.xlf belongs to an extension.
> In the extension manager I click on an extension, and after I click on the
> files tab. Here I can modify every file, but I can't edit locallang.xlf,
> hu.locallang.xlf etc.)

Usually it's not a good idea to edit the files directly, as they're
overwritten with the next extension-update. So you'd better set your
changes within the extensions TypoScript:
._LOCAL_LANG.hu.markerToTranslate = translatedString
http://www.pi-phi.de/61.html

or you make your translation on the translation server so that everybody
can benefit from your input:
http://wiki.typo3.org/Translations
http://translation.typo3.org/

If you still want to edit the xlf-files have a look at the install
tool-setting "[SYS][textfile_ext]":

http://blog.webcan.de/typo3/edit-file-extension-ts/

Cheers,
Michael