[TYPO3-english] Upgrade Typo3 6.0.4 to 6.1.0

Brian brdalymo at alum.com
Mon May 13 09:34:39 CEST 2013

Xavier Perseguers <xavier at typo3.org> wrote in
news:mailman.1.1368429473.8069.typo3-english at lists.typo3.org:

> Hi Brian,
>
>> David Thank you for your response, and I did turn on all the PHP
>> debug options, but that didn't help.
>>
>> However, you were right about the Apache error logs, I found this:
>>
>> Call to undefinded method TYPO3\\CMS\\COREUtility
>> \\GeneralUtility::int_from_ver() in /var/bla bla path to site
>> root/typo3conf/ext/tt_news/ext_localconf.php on line 48.
>
> Exactly the same problem as reported by Wiesław, you are using a
> version of the extension that is incompatible with your version of
> TYPO3 (deprecated methods have been removed as announced since a long
> time).
>
> Kind regards

Xavier thank you for your reply but...

Ohh  boy I think I screwed the pooch on this one, I did as I mentioned
and it worked, I was able to upgrade and run through the upgrade
installer.

Then I tried to re-activate the tt-new ext and now I can't get back in.

is there a way to manually turn off that extension, by modifing a script
or  field in the database?

Thanks

PS I thought I was on the latest version of tt_news which had the
upgrade scripts to upgrade all the news articales and everything, but I
must have mixed something up, and the extension manager doesn't offer to
update tt_news either.

Thanks for your help!