[TYPO3-english] moved a 10 years old TYPO3 3.5 to 6.1

David Denicolò | InteRa davdenic at intera.it
Fri May 10 08:54:40 CEST 2013

I just moved contents from my first TYPO3 site, a 10 years old TYPO3
3.5, to the new 6.1
It was 2003, 10 years ago!
Everything works like a charm!

If someone is interested here the "how to":

Copy pages and tt_content tables from old site to new TYPO3 db (dump and
restore with drop tables)

Copy uploads/pics uploads/media from old sites to fileadmin/pics
fileadmin/media (or make a symbolic link from uploads/pics to
fileadmin/pics)

Install tool -> compare tables to adjust all fields

Install tool -> migrate wizard -> Migrate all file relations from
tt_content.image and pages.media

Install tool -> migrate wizard -> Migrate file relations of tt_content
"uploads"

Bye

--
David Denicolò