[TYPO3-english] Salted passwords not installed message

Richard Davies richard at ocular.co.nz
Fri May 10 01:45:19 CEST 2013

Hi Philipp,

Here was my problem:

   1. When a user logs in they see the About Module
   2. IF and only if a backend user has viewed the reports page, the About
   module shows a big red error saying
   "Important Notice!
   One or more problems were detected with your TYPO3 installation. Please
   check the status report for more information."
   3. The default configuration of Typo3 (when installing) is that
   saltedpasswords is NOT installed, so this error would show up with default
   Typo3 configuration.

I've checked the latest version of Typo3 and it looks like this 'issue' is
fixed: saltedpasswords is installed at Typo3 installation. This is still an
issue with Typo3 4.5 but I'm happy with it as it is fixed in future
releases.

Richard