[TYPO3-english] tx_news: Update script doesn't update related files

Dirk Wenzel wenzel at webfox03.de
Wed May 8 16:36:17 CEST 2013

Hi Georg,
thank your for your fast reply.

Am 08.05.13 16:28, schrieb Georg Ringer:
> please try
> -----
> UPDATE tx_news_domain_model_file SET parent=(SELECT `uid` FROM
> `tx_news_domain_model_news` WHERE
> related_files=tx_news_domain_model_file.uid)
Sorry, but this will probably not work:
- there are news with more than one related file
(tx_news_domain_model_news.related_files like '1,5,89,')
- there may be files related to more than one news. This would require
to insert a new record since tx_news_domain_model_file.parent can hold
only one integer.

I think this task can not be accomplished by MySQL only but needs a script.

cheers
Dirk