[TYPO3-english] Problems with date : U -> strftime

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue May 7 15:55:42 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 7-5-2013 14:53, Elmar Hinz wrote:
> The PHP function strftime defaults to the current moment when no
> timestamp is given.
> May the same behaviour works with the TS frontend to it.
> More likely it takes 0 as default input, what leads again to your result.

stdWrap date and strftime actually act like the PHP functions
data/gmdate/strftime/gmstrftime. If a zero-length string is given as
input value they use EXEC_TIME as input value.
I'm not 100% sure if it was backported all the way to 4.5.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!