[TYPO3-english] direct_mail TYPO3 6.0.x

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Sat May 4 14:49:29 CEST 2013

Hi,

>>> Is there anything that forms a problem for Direct Mail to work with 6.x?
>>> It's been over half a year when 6.0 was published and for most
>>> extensions it was rather easy to adapt...
>>
>> time. and the lack of clients paying for these kind of groundwork.
>
> If you can't (or won't) maintain an extension that's used by many
> people, maybe it's time to ask for others to take over and if no-one is
> interested you could release one last version with the state "obsolete".
> At least the situation would be clear for the entire community.

I guess we have an important point here with Olivier. MANY users or
agencies are still sticking to 4.5 LTS and myself only really started to
think about ensuring my extensions were "6.x compatible" during
development of 6.1.

Now that 6.2 LTS is on our radar, I expect many developers to start
wondering whether their extension is compatible, many users to start
trying to evaluate the work load to be expected with a migration from
4.5 LTS to 6.2 LTS and as such I'm pretty sure "time and money" will
come on itself in the coming months to get major extensions compatible
with 6.2.

However, I fully understand the frustration of persons willing to
upgrade from 4.x to 6.x right now and discovering that their beloved
extension is still not yet compatible although TYPO3 6.1.0 is out and
the 5th version of 6.0 has been released.

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6