[TYPO3-english] Search extensions

Stephan Schuler Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Thu May 2 18:48:21 CEST 2013

Hey there.

Sorry for taking over this thread (a bit). But as long as "I go with mnogosearch" is the final response from the questions author, I guess it's allowed to go a bit further.

I didn't know about kesearch, actually. So I did a quick research on it, clicked through some examples, screenshots and had a short look to the source.

The one thing I'm missing (compared to any Solr based solution I currently know about) is stemming and text processing. You know, something like "'tests/testing/tester' get stored as 'test' according to English grammar". I know there is a MySQL stemming library, but I don't know about its quality and I it's not part of default MySQL. I know about some PECL stemming stuff, but I don't know about its quality, too. The same goes for some PHP stemmers I know about. And actually I'm lost as soon as there is user generated content, since all stemming libs I know about rely on properly tokenized words, which is not an easy task when it comes to user generated content.

Do you use ke_search *plain* or do you add some text transformation which allows some of those advanced search/result mechanisms, like stemmed search results or "did you mean" (fuzzy spelling)?

Kind regards,

Stephan Schuler
Web-Entwickler

Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0
E-Mail: Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Website: media.netlogix.de

- --
netlogix GmbH & Co. KG
IT-Services | IT-Training | Media
Andernacher Straße 53 | 90411 Nürnberg
Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0 | Fax: +49 (911) 539909 - 99
E-Mail: info at netlogix.de | Internet: http://www.netlogix.de

netlogix GmbH & Co. KG ist eingetragen am Amtsgericht Nürnberg (HRA 13338)
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: netlogix Verwaltungs GmbH (HRB 20634)
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 233472254
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Buchta, Matthias Schmidt