[TYPO3-english] Search extensions

Stephan Schuler Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Thu May 2 13:56:55 CEST 2013

Hey there.

The very best bet I have: Solr!

Like Jigal told you: You can use hosted Solr. Search the newsgroup for Oliviers offer if you want. As far as I know, it's a fair price. I don't know about customizing cores and stuff, but I guess Olivier runs the EXT:Solr schema. So this should be really fine.

Or you could try Sphinx search.

A couple of days ago, Elmar asked Dmitry about his framework project. Dmitrys reply contained the following:
> The site includes highly customized forums, mail, photo galleries, blogs for people, news, search (using Sphinx engine), favorites, etc. In other words, it is an active community portal.

You could ask Dmitry about his Sphinx engine integration.

I tried Sphinx myself a view weeks ago, but the lag of nice and easy write support out of PHP applications made me turn to a full blown Solr based on Jetty. But the reason for this mainly was that I wanted to use the index itself as the one and only persistence layer, so having only rudimentary and not reliable write support here was a complete no-go for me. If you only want to improve search speed, the automated "MySQL backend to Sphinx" mechanism (Sphinx can read its source data out of a given MySQL table of view or select query) might be perfectly fine for you.

So, maybe Dmitry reads here and is in mood to tell us a little about his Sphinx setup.

Kind regards,

Stephan Schuler
Web-Entwickler

Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0
E-Mail: Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Website: media.netlogix.de

- --
netlogix GmbH & Co. KG
IT-Services | IT-Training | Media
Andernacher Straße 53 | 90411 Nürnberg
Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0 | Fax: +49 (911) 539909 - 99
E-Mail: info at netlogix.de | Internet: http://www.netlogix.de

netlogix GmbH & Co. KG ist eingetragen am Amtsgericht Nürnberg (HRA 13338)
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: netlogix Verwaltungs GmbH (HRB 20634)
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 233472254
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Buchta, Matthias Schmidt