[TYPO3-english] Passwords in sha-512

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu May 2 11:29:01 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 2-5-2013 11:19, dje wrote:
> we are also interested in using sha-512 instead of MD5 for our fe_users
> (and be_users if possible). I will have a look at t3sec_saltedpw, but
> before going on, if you already have worked on this and accept to share
> your work...

Jan needed to import users which already have sha hash for their password.

TYPO3 is shipped with the saltedpasswords system extension (in recent
versions installed by default) which stores salted hash instead of the
passwords. You can configure which hashing mechanism must be used.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!