[TYPO3-english] Give +1 for the Extension Feedback Process

d.ros projects at r-system.de
Wed May 1 13:21:14 CEST 2013

> Maybe put the domain name into the has and use the IP only for a daily rate
> limit.

We do have some installations with a lot of domains.

By the way, we have a dedicated but unused field for that purpose in
Installtool ->

[SYS][T3instID]
A unique installation ID - not used yet. The idea is that a TYPO3
installation can identify itself by this ID string to the Extension
Repository on TYPO3.org so that we can keep a realistic count of serious
TYPO3 installations.

Maybe it´s an option to calculate an hash that takes size of
installation, bound domains, whatever is wanted into account.

Cheers

David