[TYPO3-english] convert <link> to html <a> tag

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri Mar 29 14:30:59 CET 2013

Hi,

On 29-3-2013 12:32, Dawid Pacholczyk wrote:
> I can't and also I don't want to create a FE plugin just to make an export.
> If on FE this links are rendered properly there must be a way to invoke
> this.

There is a long list of things that are taken into consideration when
rendering content in the frontend. For links there are for example:
TypoScript settings (such as absRefPrefix and others), domain records,
URL rewriters (realUrl, CoolURI, etcetera), access to pages (and
TypoScript settings to redirect to other pages), http/https settings in
page properties, and so on.

You could try to initialize a frontend environment in your module, but
that is rather complicated. However, people have done it before and may
have solved all the problems they found on their journey.

> I want only some fields so rendering whole page than parsing it is a very
> bad idea IMO

You wanted to make an export and that looked like you were going to get
the data from quite a few records. Your plugin doesn't need to render
the entire page. You could make a page type that doesn't render anything
but the plugin content.
Again, it's the most reliable way and compared to the alternative, a
pretty easy way in terms of coding effort.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!