[TYPO3-english] Condition for HTTP_REFERER

Morten Kjems mortenkjems at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 08:59:53 CET 2013

I have a little problem that I hope you can help me out with.

I want to display some special content when a user from a specific site
visits mine.

It is easily done with the condition below:

[globalString = IENV:HTTP_REFERER = *somesite.com*]
10 = HTML
10.value = <p>Welcome visitor from somesite.com/</p>
[global]

The visitors from somesite.com will now see the special welcome message.
But when the visitors navigate away from the initial page and then come
back though a link on my site, the condition is no longer valid and no
message will be displayed.

Is there away to store the initial external referer and create a
condition based on that. Or are there other solutions.

All suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks
/Morten