[TYPO3-english] FAL: Right way of doing?

Mikel lists at con-version.com
Fri Mar 22 16:28:58 CET 2013

Hi all,

after playing around with the new file abstraction layer for a few
hours, I'm looking for the best way to handle relations.

I made a new record for a file collection and added a few images. Also I
translated that new record to another language. Now I have two entries
in "sys_file_collection". All the references appear in "sys_file_reference".

But what is the best way to get all files related to the given uid of a
collection? I guess I have to use the FileRepository and filter the
query to get only records with the uid of the collection?

Or should I get the File Collection by Uid and get all relevant objects
from here?

I guess a few lines of code should do it, but finding the right lines is
hard :-)

Mikel