[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 and Websockets

Viktor Livakivskyi invisible.kinder at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 19:21:59 CET 2013

Hi, List.

We're building an application, which requires communication from server to
client and therefore it was decided to try out Websockets, which in theory
fulfills our needs best. A basic websocket server, that listens to port
8080 and communicates with outer world, was created (using Ratchet [1]).
But here comes a problem, that we can't solve: we need an
existing $GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user object to send personalized messages to
a user, as well as would be nce to use the power of TYPO3 localization,
and, probably other features from API. Is there a way to invoke TYPO3
engine and re-create environment, as if it is usual HTTP request, or we
need to build initialization from scratch, duplicating index.php and
index_ts.php of TYPO3?

[1] http://socketo.me/