[TYPO3-english] nc_staticfilecache : Recreate a dirty page

Andy Pattynama andy.pattynama at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 09:44:57 CET 2013

Hi there

I'm using nc_staticfilecache (2.3.4 in a 4.5.24 installation) and I'm very happy with it so far. I was going through the documentation/extension and found the following in the cleaner script:
'processDirtyPages:  Recaches pages that are marked as dirty.';

That is actually the functionality I'm looking for but when I execute the script with the processDirtyPages argument, it doesn't recreate the dirty pages but it just deletes the directory, where the dirty page is located. Is that expected behaviour or is there a way to truly recreate the dirty pages?

The reason why I want that is: Creating a cached, static version of a page takes between 2.5 and 3.5 seconds, and I don't want that a user ever has to go through that waiting time. So I rather show an expired, static file, which is served nearly instantly, instead of having the user wait for a cached page to be generated.

Thanks in advance for any help or hint.

Best regards,
Andy