[TYPO3-english] Rendering links with cObj->RECORDS inside eID script

Stephan Schuler Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Wed Mar 6 10:39:09 CET 2013

Hey there.

Using TSFE inside of an eID being against the eID concept is not completely true.

Have a look at tslib_eidtools::initFeUser.

This method creates a new TSFE object for just two reasons: Having a proper fe_user and having a valid TCA in place.
Of course it's not meant to do the whole page rendering. I guess that's the reason why both, the tslib_eidtools::getTSFE method is private static.

But with some workaround, you can just call tslib_eidtools::initFeUser and hook up into the TSFE initialization process to expose it anyway.

I just recently explained a bit on the german list. That's what I did. My task was not to have some TSFE initialization for rendering but to be able to access the gr_list and beUserLogin property of the tslib_fe object, because I needed some cache that relied on those. But in general that's no other then having the TSFE for everything else it's meant to do.

Here's what I used as an example:
http://pastebin.com/tqeZZKVw

And here is my note on the german list:
http://forum.typo3.org/index.php/t/193986/#msg_674560

Just give it a try. Maybe you need to do some adjustment because I never tried my mechanism on 4.2. I know that it's working properly on 4.5.

But even more then suggesting you to not use eID to frontend rendering, I suggest you to update to at least 4.5. "Not an option" for being update is not an option itself, 4.2 is both, outdated, unsupported and unmaintained. So you might ask what to do on 4.2, and you might get answers, but you definitely will not get all the security fixes.

Kind regards,

Stephan Schuler

Web-Entwickler

Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0
E-Mail: Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Website: media.netlogix.de

- --
netlogix GmbH & Co. KG
IT-Services | IT-Training | Media
Andernacher Straße 53 | 90411 Nürnberg
Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0 | Fax: +49 (911) 539909 - 99
E-Mail: info at netlogix.de | Internet: http://www.netlogix.de

netlogix GmbH & Co. KG ist eingetragen am Amtsgericht Nürnberg (HRA 13338)
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: netlogix Verwaltungs GmbH (HRB 20634)
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 233472254
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Buchta, Matthias Schmidt