[TYPO3-english] User Story: Integrating ReStructuredText documentation

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Sun Mar 3 20:46:45 CET 2013

Hello Xavier,

i recently tried to built an extension for TYPO3, which can render the
ReST manuals. Sadly i haven't found a working PHP Implementation of
ReST2Html.

There is just one partly working implementation in php i know:

	https://code.google.com/p/php-restructuredtext/downloads/list

Good to see you making progress ;)

Regards
Kay

Am 03.03.13 18:59, schrieb Xavier Perseguers:
> Hello,
>
> I first thought of "hijacking" a post I started in the documentation
> mailing list but as it would be great to have feedback from as many
> persons as possible, I start this new thread here instead.
>
> As you know the documentation team has done a tremendous job to
> modernize the official TYPO3 documentation and integrate HTML pages with
> a design similar to t3o:
>
> http://docs.typo3.org/
>
> One year ago I started to investigate another option, instead of asking
> Sphinx to generate HTML output with a proper template, I decided to let
> it generate JSON-based files (basically containing "raw" HTML without
> superfluous design) and created a TYPO3 extension to integrate the JSON
> content into my website. I named it restdoc, and it's available both in
> Forge [1] and in TER [2].
>
> I worked a lot lately to enhance it and add support for all I needed for
> what I call a proper integration (breadcrumb menu, general index of
> terms, ...) and a version 1.1.0 will be sent to TER when I'm sure it's
> ready.
>
> In the mean time and as some of you are interested in integrating reST
> documentation in a TYPO3 as well, I'd like to point out this short blog
> post where I describe the various options I used on my website:
>
> https://plus.google.com/u/0/117624290123792924579/posts/R5H1ZUMcwEm
>
> Feel free to ask here if you need advices. I'd really like to know if
> you started to use reST as well and if so, if you integrated it too.
>
> If you are interested in translating documentation, please see post
> "Translating Documentation" in documentation mailing list for pros and
> cons of the various alternatives.
>
> Kind regards
>

> [1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-restdoc
> [2] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/restdoc

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach