[TYPO3-english] Re: TYPO3 and Websockets

Viktor Livakivskyi invisible.kinder at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 17:48:08 CEST 2013

Stephan, you can check solution, that Taras provided - it handles different users in one websocket process (actually, we can't create different processes for different users, because Websockets will not work then, since there is no way to communicate between different instances).

Documentation is in ReST format, but you better look into code to see, how it is done. Maybe, you'll have some additions or notes.

One of side notes is, that you shouldn't use it for really large environments - this article[1] explains really good, why.
In our case it was acceptable, because websocket process is launched for limited period of time and for small group of users, so it'll not become dead due to memory or time limit.

Sorry for too old repsonce - it took monthes, while we get into this problem deeper...

[1]: http://software-gunslinger.tumblr.com/post/47131406821/php-is-meant-to-die