[TYPO3-english] Editor can't load in chrome

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Mon Jun 24 16:19:13 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 24-6-2013 15:08, intasar wrote:
> I m using Typo3 4.3.3, my typo have problem in backend editor. its can't
> load the editor in Chrome. but load in firefox.

TYPO3 4.3.x is not supported for many years already. The RTE editor
works with browsers that were used at the time that 4.3 was the current
version, but browsers also change over time and old code may not be
compatible with newer browser versions (as you have noticed).

Possible solutions:

- upgrade to a more recent version of TYPO3 which is still maintained
(the oldest is TYPO3 4.5 LTS which is maintained until October 2014);
with an upgrade you also know that security fixes are also applied, so
your site is a lot more secure

- use a different browser (Firefox seems to be compatible)

- fix the JavaScript yourself (or have someone fix it for you)

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!