[TYPO3-english] where is the extension rating function?

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Fri Jun 21 15:38:30 CEST 2013

in the last weeks I tried to start a 6.1 Installation with fluid and a
lot of new (6.0+) extensions .

but most of them is crap.

either the TER-version contains errors and is not changed for days
(weeks?) (response: "try the GIT-version", which does not run either and
which might change every day????)

or there is no documentation at all (neither *.sxw nor *.rest nor
websites) or without exact information: "change the typoscript" which
TS? pageTS, userTS, FE? which objects/attributes?

or the documentation is related to older versions which are obsolete
meanwhile

and debugging/analyzing the source is a pain with extbase as you need
days to find where a configuration is read.

if the rating still would exist I would have rated a lot of extensions
with the minimum points available.

my opinion: the quality of extensions is very low meanwhile. maybe only
for the documentation, but without a good documentation any complex
extension is unusable.

bernd :(
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html