[TYPO3-english] Page template selection TV-style without TV

Jan Bednarik info at bednarik.org
Tue Jun 18 20:11:24 CEST 2013

Hi all,

reading that TV is about to retire, which is truly sad news, I started
to remember old days when I did websites without TV and it made me
realize that I will miss quite a lot. Another thread provides clues how
to deal with missing FCEs (GridElements), but what I don't know is how
to give user selection of page templates.

Let's say I have a few page templates (one for homepage, different for
subpages, some without menu, whatever) and I'd like to give users option
to choose whichever template they want.

What I remember from the old days is that I used extension css_select
which added combo to page properties and appended different CSS to the
page header.

Anyway, you get what I mean. How is this done without TV in 6.x?

Thanks

Jan