[TYPO3-english] Releasing TYPO3 6.2 LTS under GPL Version 3

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Mon Jun 17 12:32:24 CEST 2013

Hello Olivier Dobberkau,

please verify, that my assumption is right, or if not please correct my
view.

Thanks a lot
Kay

Am 17.06.13 12:29, schrieb Olivier Dobberkau:
> Am 17.06.13 10:44, schrieb Kay Strobach:
>
>> Hello Guys,
>>
>> but doesn't "GPL v2 or later" mean, that you can choose v2 or v3, so
>> that there is no legal problem?
>>
>> TYPO3 is currently dual licensed under - imho:
>>  - GPL v2
>>  - GPL v3
>>  - GPL V3+
>>
>> So it should be compatible to bootstrap.
>> Additionally Georg is right, that we can't simply drop rights we granted
>> with GPLv2 without asking every contributor :(
>>
>> Thanks
>> Kay
>
> Hi all,
>
> as allready mentioned before. We have a Licensing Team currently working
> on the actual status and we hope to give advise on how to proceed with
> all the mentioned problems.
>
> You are free to join if you want to contribute to the work:
>
> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/team-licensing
>
> Best Greetings,
>
> Olivier

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach