[TYPO3-english] Releasing TYPO3 6.2 LTS under GPL Version 3

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Mon Jun 17 10:44:59 CEST 2013

Hello Guys,

but doesn't "GPL v2 or later" mean, that you can choose v2 or v3, so
that there is no legal problem?

TYPO3 is currently dual licensed under - imho:
 - GPL v2
 - GPL v3
 - GPL V3+

So it should be compatible to bootstrap.
Additionally Georg is right, that we can't simply drop rights we granted
with GPLv2 without asking every contributor :(

Thanks
Kay