[TYPO3-english] CLOSED - Re: Major background issues

marina t marina at mtadiello.com
Fri Jun 14 09:36:12 CEST 2013

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your suggestions. I confess I am totally lost at this
point. Have no idea what a "source + dummy set-up" is, nor where it
can be found - from the docs, I understood the "safe" way to install
TYPO3 was the introduction package?

But no matter, as this all really sounds way too technical for me.
I've used MAMP before and I remember having no major issues with it
with a test installation of WordPress, but that was a few years ago
and things might have changed.

I just assumed it was for the better, but apparently things that used
to be easy have become increasingly complicated... and I can't keep
up any longer! Too bad - must be my age :-)

Anyway, I guess I am not up to it - and I wish it was clearer from
the available descriptions of TYPO3 that the minimum skill level is
expert Web server, PHP and database administration. In this sense, it
is not suited to "Web designers" nor to ordinary "Webmasters", who
only know about HTML, CSS, FTP, mailbox setup, and the usual common
tasks that are required to maintain a Website on somebody else's
virtual host.

As I said, I wish this was clearer from the start, as it would have
saved a lot of hassle and headeaches to all! :-)

So I'll keep looking for a suitable CMS - might come and check back
on TYPO3 in another few years :-)

Cheers,

marina
(now leaving the list)