[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.2 which Extensions will still work?

Domi djgarms at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 02:52:38 CEST 2013

Hi Andy
> What is needed right now are
>

>     1. good snippets for the TYPOscript Library - documented and enriched
>     with Constants. Standardization will help to make things more reusable and
>     switchable. If you have good snippets best contact Kay.
>     2. People Designers who start building Themes with it. Kay already
>     started a Themes repository to host your themes with all kinds of designs
>     and of course with different functionality as a Theme is so much more than
>     only a skin! This is the real power of TYPO3 that we are actually able to
>     build in different functionality and we should use, reuse and share it.

I am using the fedext stuff since it called fed - I would have a lot of
stuff to share - many FCE's and flux-fluid-vhs samples. For now my
newest child is born which relies on flux: "flux_galleria", you could
give it a try in the TER.

> Actually since Ron's great Framework for TempaVoila Mapping isn't needed
> anymore so much as this was also a headache when we started with
> TemplaVoila. Working with a Standardized Group of Templates is the base for
> rapid Development and using the standard way of Typoscript Templating made
> the TVFW very flexible for Site Creators (I would call them so) Those
> people who put in the Content, the Images and some Extensions moving them
> to the right place etc. No need of Typoscript know how or even PHP! In
> Themes it will be like in the works of Claus Due as you already said as
> easy as in TVFW but with much more functionality thanks to fluid. If
> translations and workspaces would work as easy as before it would be so
> great!
>
> Yes I like Themes and it will be a very good (perhaps even the best)
> replacement for TVFW and TemplaVoila Enthiusiasts!

Yep! I would love a standardized way doing template - fce stuff in
TYPO3. I am tired of all the choices for doing the same stuff in TYPO3
at the moment. One way would mean less errors and more features.

> I hope that Claus, Xavier, Kay, Fabien, Joe, Ben as Designer and for
> Usability, Sven, ... and others interested in Usability and rapid
> development for Content creators get together to get things done more
> coordinated that not again 2 systems will beat each other, instead they
> should feed each other with their ideas!
Would be great if all the programmers would stick together. I have a
good designer here as well, so lets come together for some chat? I also
have some ideas, but many things stuck because of the lack of time - and
my knowledge of the TYPO3 core programming.

Cheers,
Dominic

--- I should have read this first before I open up a new thread...