[TYPO3-english] Major background issues

marina t marina at mtadiello.com
Fri Jun 14 02:36:11 CEST 2013

Hi Philipp,

--> Philipp Gampe wrote:

>Unless you tell us the error message (if any), we will not be able to help
>you.
>
>I used WAMP and LAMP before and it was always enough to use localhost,root
>and my database passwort to setup TYPO3.
--<

The issue seems to be with the ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file. This is what
I get every time I try to start TYPO3, after creating the file above
as requested:

Login to TYPO3 6.1.1 Install Tool
Site: New TYPO3 site
	.	Password

The password you just tried has this md5-value:
bacb98acf97e0b6112b1d1b650b84971
The Install Tool Password is not the admin password of TYPO3.
The default password is joh316. Be sure to change it!

If you don't know the current password, you can set a new one by
setting the value of $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['installToolPassword'] in
typo3conf/LocalConfiguration.php to the md5() hash value of the
password you desire.

I confess the above makes no sense to me. What is an md5-value? Why
should I know it?

Also, as you mention your database password - when are you required
to enter it, and how do you get it? I couldn't find any way to set up
the database while installing TYPO3, so evidently I am missing some
fundamental steps (or required skill!)

I am giving up at this stage, but thanks anyway :-)

marina