[TYPO3-english] identifying what template a page is using?

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu Jun 13 23:03:55 CEST 2013

Hi Juan,

Juan wrote:

> I'm a typo3 novice and have inherited a site running typo3 4.5.  I am
> having trouble tracking down where all the elements displayed on a page
> are coming from.  is there a way to map specifically where a page is
> drawing each element from? I'm sorry for the vagueness, here's an example:
> my site has a link (throughout many pages) that says: "Join our
> newsletter" I can see the html, but not where this is in any of the
> templates.

You can either use the template analyzer (template > analyzer) or the admin
panel > typoscript (shows up in frontend if you enable it).

I suggest that you use the template analyzer and click "View complete TS
listing" (almost at the bottom of the module). Then you can just search this
link with your browser.
Make sure to select "Setup" instead of "Constants" in the second dropdown at
the top.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!