[TYPO3-english] Major background issues

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu Jun 13 10:27:57 CEST 2013

Hi marina t,

marina t wrote:

> I tried both with the sample package I downloaded from TYPO3's
> Website, plus at least one (maybe two?) installing scripts.
> Basically, I don't seem to be able to correctly set up the database,
> so I get stuck before reaching the last of the installation steps.

Unless you tell us the error message (if any), we will not be able to help
you.

I used WAMP and LAMP before and it was always enough to use localhost,root
and my database passwort to setup TYPO3.

Keep in mind that TYPO3 is a fairly advanced software and if you have any
flaws in your configuration, it will likely make it break.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!