[TYPO3-english] templavoila?

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Thu Jun 13 08:37:56 CEST 2013

Phillip Gampe

This is exactly right but it is not an illusion anymore as it is working
already. WordPress Themes are a complete mess, but if you can get the
quintesence out of this mess with kay's Extension - Themes Wordpress
Adapter - TYPO3 will have thousands of themes available to be used
instantly and most of them even free of charge. Those are ideal starting
points for everybody from the nubs up to the big agency. You should join
some of Kay's Hangouts to learn more about Themes :-)

TYPO3 is missing good themes, Wordpress and also Joomla have lots of nice
Themes - don't look at the coding - the customer won't do this! He is only
interested that it looks nice. If you can now reuse those themes in TYPO3
we are actually some kind of "hijacking" the user and customer base - at
least digging and nagging on it. So they have another choice with the same
look and feel but much more security etc.

When they now open the package they will soon realize what they can do with
WordPress or Joomla etc. or what they can do with TYPO3. Now you can talk
with them about functionality, extendibility and so more and of course
about security - the strength of TYPO3.

If TYPO3 would have a working nice blog actually it would have all needed
to simply conquer WordPress! Show those Wordpress people that TYPO3 can
also be a Blog like WordPress was long time ago ;-)

Let WordPress be  CMS and show your customers that TYPO3 can be a BLOG i.e.
with the extension here
http://t3-developer.com/extensions/multiblog/online-demo/
even a multiblog - nice.

and extend it with
http://t3-developer.com/extensions/community/community-extensionuebersicht/
you can target the ones who are interested also in Drupal.

TYPO3 is a great Tool but it has the wrong packaging and until now not many
nice looking templates - who cares where the Templates come from if they
look nice on TYPO3 - it will drive new customers to TYPO3.

"Wer den Pfennig nicht ehrt ist den Heller nicht wert!" Principle - spread
the word and try Themes!

Andi