[TYPO3-english] Page title and cHash

Sergio Catalá scatala.enet at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 19:34:01 CEST 2013

Hi list,

I've got a strange problem with my page title and caching.

Here is my code to display my page title:

# db access for presentation record by id
lib.getField = CONTENT
lib.getField{
     if.isTrue.data = GP:tx_my_table|record
     table =  tx_mytable
     select{
         andWhere{
             data = GP:tx_mytable|record
             wrap = tx_my_table.uid=|
         }
     }
     renderObj = TEXT
     renderObj{
         field = title
         stripHtml = 1
         htmlSpecialChars = 1
     }
}

[globalVar = GP:tx_mytable|record>0]
     page.headerData.10 >
     page.headerData.10 < lib.getField
     page.headerData.10.wrap = <title>|</title>
[global]

In the detail view of my extbase plugin, I always have a "cHash"
parameter. If I use the cHash, my page title is always right. But if I
remove it (my customer doesn't like "ugly" urls), it takes the first
cached page title. According to what I read in a Kasper's article
(http://typo3.org/documentation/article/the-mysteries-of-chash-1), if
the cHash value doesn't exist in the url, it should disable caching and
then, in this case, show the new page title, not the cached one.

Am I doing something wrong here? Some misunderstood concept? Is anything
that I am missing in my plugin?

Thanks in advance,
Sergio Catalá