[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.2 which Extensions will still work?

Georg Ringer mail at ringerge.org
Mon Jun 10 18:18:54 CEST 2013

Hi,

Am 10.06.2013 18:00, schrieb Muriel le Pair:
> That might just to be true. In my experience in general bugs in the core
> are fixed much faster. My frustration with a lot of the major extensions
> is that currently if finally 1 bug is resolved and 10 other occur. What
> makes updates very time consuming and us reluctant to update.

true but also core issues are sometimes long time not fixed but of
course the need for a bugfix is most of the time bigger. this would
still be not the case for some extensions which are just included in the
core but nobody cares.

it is really about people caring about parts of the code and not if it
is on github, in the core or in an extension. everything else is just
important for deployment where to get the files from ;)

> I know. I used it a couple of times. It's certainly a positive
> exception. Bug are fixed exceptionally fixed fast, so I'm not
> complaining. But at the same time it lacks some features needed so that
> you can use it in all most every situation where you need a news like
> system with a teaser and click to the full article.

so open a feature request, maybe sponsoring helps if I am not that much
interested in the feature for myself but certainly not required. It can
be sometimes really that easy ;)

georg