[TYPO3-english] Extension that assigns fe_group when user entered a code?

Frenck Lutke frenck at innologi.nl
Mon Jun 10 10:59:49 CEST 2013

Hi Christian,

On 9-6-2013 14:26, Christian Weiske wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm looking for an extension that gives out a fe_group to a logged in
> fe_user when he entered an authentication code he obtained offline.
>
> Does such an extension exist? Which one?
>

> Regards,
> Christian Weiske

There is a small extension called autogroup [1] in use at several of my
clients, which allows you to configure flexible conditions that users
need to meet to be automatically placed in (or removed from) a
usergroup. (either by scheduler task or instantaneous through a tiny
plugin) However, it isn't publically released yet, as (a) its unfinished
documentation is part of a huge (HUGE) backlog with priorities not in
favor of it for over a year now, and (b) I didn't bother to without, yet.

You can email me directly with the exact requirements of your use case:
- is the auth code for anyone the same, or is each unique and usable
only once, or are they unique to the specific fe_user even?
- what TYPO3 version is your project running? autogroup is currently
compatible with 4.6.x - 6.1.x
- when you'll need it, so I can try(!) to prioritize.

If you provide a detailed answer to the above questions, I can check if
anything needs to be done to fully support your use case, and have
incentive to do a quick release on TER with or without doc. All but a
few functions are pretty straightforward anyway, and there is full CSH.

I would do this voluntarily while on a busy schedule, so if your use
case is more complex than described above and it can't fulfill (some of)
your wishes immediately, please try to understand.

Regards,
Frenck

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-autogroup