[TYPO3-english] Shortcut with 301 option for shortlinks

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Mon Jul 29 16:05:00 CEST 2013

Am 29.07.13 12:33, schrieb d.ros:
> Hello,
>
> once there was #17037 to make shortcut handling better. But this still
> has a litte space to work even more better which could be resolved with
> an additional switch where the name could be "chosen page with 301".
>
> At the moment the link points directly to the target page, but there are
> usecases where it makes sense to give an editor the possiblity to
> generate shortcut links pointing to pages which reside deeper in a page.
>
> Atm. you could make a new page and use "show content from" which has the
> disadvantage of double content. There are also possiblities to set those
> entries with realURL or cooluri or even .htaccess but this is quite
> unhandy for editors.
>
> If you could set an 301 option to the shortcut, you would have a link
> like www.domain.com/short redirecting to www.domain.com/in/a/deeper/tree
> with a 301
>
> IMHO it makes quite sense to make this setting settable for editors.

As of TYPO3 4.7 (or was it 4.6?) links to pages of type shortcut are
generated as links to the target page.
you only get a redirect if you call the page immediate (index.php?id=123)

it's a pity that external URL is not handled in the same way.
I just had a project with static export and had to replace the internal
page url with the corresponding external url.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html