[TYPO3-english] permissions must be set - sometimes and sometimes not

Peder Høy Kristensen phiskit at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 11:22:56 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am a self-made TYPO3-user. I maintain several domains placed on different servers (web hotels). On some web servers I just install TYPO3 and don't care about file- and folder permissions - it just runs fine. On other web servers I have to set permissions to 777 for the following folders and files
fileadmin (folder and all subfolders and files)
typo3/ext (folder and all subfolders and files)
typo3conf (folder)
typo3conf/ext (folder and all subfolders and files)
typo3conf/|10n (folder and all subfolders and files)
typo3conf/LocalConfiguration.php
typo3temp (folder and all subfolders and files)
uploads (folder and all subfolders and files)

How come this difference?

PS: I run 4.7 and 6.1 versions of TYPO3.

Venlig hilsen / Best Regards
Peder Høy Kristensen