[TYPO3-english] Extend model in an extbase extension (powermail)

Brian Bendtsen bb at bellevuevej.dk
Mon Jul 15 11:12:03 CEST 2013

I'm trying to extend powermail (version 2) with the possibility to add a
note for each input field. So far I have created a new extension using
extension builder and with a few modifications to ext_tables.php the
field show up in the backend. The new field is called 'note' and I
thought I could just do something like {field.note} in the fluid
template input.html, but that doesn't work. My model includes the setter
and getter:

class Tx_Formnotes_Domain_Model_Powermailnotes extends
Tx_Extbase_DomainObject_AbstractEntity {

/**
  * note
  *
  * @var string
  */
protected $note;

/**
  * Returns the note
  *
  * @return string $note
  */
public function getNote() {
     return $this->note;
}

/**
  * Sets the note
  *
  * @param string $note
  * @return void
  */
public function setNote($note) {
     $this->note = $note;
}
}

I can copy this code to powermail/Classes/Domain/Model/Fields.php and
the {field.note} works, but that is of course not the right way to do it.

Info: I'm using TYPO3 4.7