[TYPO3-english] How to view php code of a page

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sun Jul 14 16:31:10 CEST 2013

Hi Andrey,

Andrey Vasilyev wrote:

> Say I have a form with submit action "index.php?id=8". And I would like to
> check what php code is in the page with id 8, so I could debug strange
> behaviour. Is it at all possible?

As you do not have any clue about the basics of programming, this will be
impossible for you.
In general, the answer is yes. Most people use a debugger to debug strange
behavior. They attach the debugger to the request and have a look at the
control flow.

At least for TYPO3 CMS, there is not specific PHP code for a special ID,
besides the usual code to render a page.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!