[TYPO3-english] TemplaVoila page module calling dummy.php

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Jul 10 22:27:42 CEST 2013

Hi all,

> I'm having a bug I never saw before: on one specific TYPO3 installation,
> on a specific server, running TYPO3 6.1-dev and TemplaVoila 1.8.0, when
> I click on the Page module I see a blank page. It is not entirely blank
> however. The frame's URL is:
>
> typo3/dummy.php?id=1
>
> while the expected URL would be:
>
> typo3conf/ext/templavoila/mod1/index.php?id=1

Just in case someone has a similarly mysterious issue, here's what it
was: due to a misconfiguration of a .gitignore file, the index.php file
of templavoila/mod1 was missing.

In such a case (i.e. a missing file - and because TV does not use the
dispatcher for its BE modules), the module loader
(\TYPO3\CMS\Backend\Module\ModuleLoader) falls back on "dummy.php",
whereas one would rather expect some form of error message.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch