[TYPO3-english] Automatic extension update (TYPO3 4.5)

Sybille Peters peters at rrzn.uni-hannover.de
Wed Jul 10 15:41:50 CEST 2013

Hello,

I would like to update an extension in a number of TYPO3 installations
(same TYPO3 version) via shellscript.

There is no change in the database schema.

Some tests show that unpacking and moving all files is the best way to
go, e.g.

cd /var/tmp/;tar xzf myext.tar.gz
cd /var/www/typo3/typo3conf/ext;mv myext myext.bak;mv /var/tmp/myext .;
chown -R www-data:www-data myext

However some caching issues still exist:
- if there is a change in text in locallang.xml, the change is not
applied, it seems one needs to delete files in typo3temp/llxml
- if there are changes in TypoScript, these changes are also not
applied, one needs to delete configuration cache in the backend. Is it
possible to do this via shellscript?
- other issues?

I realize it is usually recommended to do this via Extension Manager but
this is an extremely tedious and repetitive task if one needs to update
in a number of TYPO3 installations. Surely, there must be a way to
automate this.

Any help is really appreciated!

TYPO 3.5.27, pibase and extbase Extensions

Regards,

Sybille