[TYPO3-english] EM and checking differencies of files

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Wed Jul 10 12:46:47 CEST 2013

Hi,

In the old EM check updates dialogue you could see with one glance if
there were file changes in extensions. This was absolutely great for
situation I'm in now, checking if malware is injected in files. Well, in
my opinion it's a valuable info anyway to see.

Now in the new EM (in 4.7.x) I have to
- open each extension separately in "Available Extensions"
- open "Developer Information" tab and scroll down and check "Files changed"

if there is a red alert saying some files are changed then I want to
import from TER the uninfected version, so I have to
- open the tab "Import Extensions"
- rightclick the ext in question and then I finally get to import the
uninfected version.

So 2 questions:
Am I missing something in EM settings or is this just the way the new EM
works?
Is it possible to use the old (4.5) EM in 4.7.x?

Kind regards,
Katja Lampela