[TYPO3-english] Custom menu item link

Robert Wildling rowild at gmx.net
Sat Jul 6 15:12:44 CEST 2013

For interaction with some Javascript, like in an accordion?
I would do that via JavaScript, sthm like:

$('ul > li.firstlevel a').click(function(event){
   event.preventDefault();
});

For the JavaScript-of scenario you could set the page type within TYPO3
to "Alias" and link it to the first child site.

If you prefer TypoScript, you could go with "doNotLinkIt":
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TyposcriptReference/MenuObjects/Tmenuitem/Index.html

[...]
NO {
	doNotLinkIt = 1
	// or use optionSplit: eg to deactivate the 3rd link
	// doNotLinkIt = || || 1 |*| |*|
	stdWrap.wrap = <a href="#">|</a>

	// or play around with before and after
	before.cObject = TEXT
	before.cObject.value = <a href="#">
	after.cObject = TEXT
	after.cObject.value = </a>
}
[...]

Or use the Spacer type for the pages in question.
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TyposcriptReference/MenuObjects/CommonItemStates/Index.html

All untested!!

Good luck!
Robert