[TYPO3-english] file structure XLIFF language files

Muriel le Pair typo3 at strangefruit.nl
Fri Jul 5 15:15:12 CEST 2013

Hi,

The language files and localization in TYPO3 extensions used to be
pretty straightforward and easy to maintain. But I don't understand how
the new XLIFF files structure works.

I have read
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/CoreApiReference/Internationalization/Translation/Index.html

If I understood it correct, each translation for a language needs to be
included in a separate language file. What is the directory structure
for this? So in other words how does TYPO3 know which file needs to be
included?

So for instance the language file for the BE of the extension is
included in the directory
ext/Resources/Private/Language/locallang_be.xlf

How, and where, do I include the files for German, Dutch etc?

--
kind regards,

Muriel le Pair